Become a Trainer
AGS trains dogs from the time they are a puppy to about one year old. We hold 3 potential trainer classes every semester that are required for you to being a trainer through our program. There is no prior experience necessary to become a trainer through our organization. Once you complete any of the steps, they do not expire.
- Attend our 3 Potential Trainer Classes. They always start over at the beginning of each semester.
- Complete 8 hours of clicker training volunteer hours and then pass a clicker test administered by the trainer supervisors.
- Our Trainer Supervisors will watch you handle our dogs at a minimum of two different Campus Trainings.
- Receive manual and pass a written test covering the AGS Training Manual.
- Pass home inspection and go through 2 interviews. The first interview is with the Trainer Supervisors. The second one is with the Trainer Supervisors as well as the Puppy Liaison, President, and Dr. Alice Blue-McLendon DVM.