How to Become a Trainer
AGS trains dogs from the time they are a puppy to about one year old. We hold 3 potential trainer classes every semester that are required for you to being a trainer through our program. There is no prior experience necessary to become a trainer through our organization.
- Attend our 3 Potential Trainer Classes. They always start over at the beginning of each semester.
- Complete 8 hours of clicker training volunteer hours and then pass a clicker test administered by the trainer supervisors.
- Handle our dogs at Campus trainings.
- Receive manual and pass a written test covering the manual.
- Pass home inspection and go through 2 interviews (one with the supervisors, and one with the supervisors and Dr. Alice Blue-McLendon).